Monday, August 11, 2014

Back at it again

         Welp, looks like I'm back here again, typing in this white box at eleven 'o clock at night. I should be sleeping, I need to get up early, but nah man, that's too main stream. Sleep is for the weak.
        Right now I'm listening to Brand New's album Daisy, which I've never heard before. Beautiful, as always. I used to listen to them when I was in high school and angsty and in love. I'm still in love and I still stress over some things (I'm an adult living on my own in north america. duh.) so of course this band is always welcome into my ears. I haven't gotten around to adding any music to my phone lately (It's currently an HTC One.) because it's too much of a hassle and also because I'm getting my boyfriend's phone soon. (Iphone 5)
        So since I've last posted here, I've turned 22, gotten a car, a second job, hated that job, left that job, and I'm currently working at a custard shop as my second job. Though..... I'm starting a third job tomorrow? For two weeks? I'm going to start this telemarketing job with a friend of the family tomorrow, and I'm really excited because I've always wanted a desk job. So I'll start that one tomorrow, and then after I get off I'll call the custard shop and put in my two weeks. I mean, it's nice that my friend got me a position there, but I already know I won't go ANYWHERE with that job ever and winter is coming soon which means it'll be dead every single day. So I'm looking at the long term here and this desk job has so much potential. $10/hr  plus commission. Get hype son.
         I just feel bad because Desiree put herself on the line to get me that job and everyone is leaving so they kind of need me. I don't want to do this to them so soon after they hired me but I have to. I can't pass up this opportunity. I also can't juggle three jobs, no matter how hard I want to try.
            Now I've just found this band, Soap&Skin, thanks to tumblr, and I'm in love. Me and The Devil is amazing. Music is fueling me tonight. And Maya Angelou. I almost bought a magazine dedicated entirely to her life works and accomplishments. I'm currently reading a PDF file of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" and it's okay so far. I do read the occasional autobiography, but Maya has seven!
      God I'm such a book worm. I'm currently reading "The Constant Princess" but I have like, four other books I'm reading, and a million others I want to read.

     So I'm not crazy for almost falling asleep and then being shocked awake by a voice clearly shouting my name in urgency? That's a normal thing? Thanks internet.
    And with that, i think it's time I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment