Thursday, September 4, 2014

Long Day Ahead of Me

            I have a long day ahead of me. I've only been at the desk job an hour and I already want to melt into a pile of goo. John (my boss) is arguing with his wife. They don't ever really have pleasant conversations. I just don't want to be here making repetitive voice mails and being declined by people who don't care about their hotels. It's nice to be sitting here for a job instead of working at that shitty little mini mart though. But being listened to all morning is kind of unnerving.
          I'm crossing my fingers that Food 4 Less will give me those three days off. I won't know until tomorrow. I will have to remind them today.  They have me working a full 8 1/2 hours shift today. I'm nervous. My only consolation is that they gave me one day off this week so that they could give me three off next week.  So I'm holding onto that little thread of hope. And if they don't then I have those mornings off.
        After he's done with this phone call about his stupid fantasy football thing, I'll ask if I can just go home. I'll get my paycheck and leave, and go eat. I am starving right now!!
      Half an hour more until my check and then I can leave. :/



   

No comments:

Post a Comment